Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Time

I am a champion time waster. I used to pride myself in the fact that I don't watch alot of TV anymore, and then I realized I am spending way more time on the computer than I ever did watching TV. It is amazing how easy it is to get sucked into blogs, facebook, news articles, etc. It isn't all "time wasting." I really enjoy reading blogs. I find that I can really grow and learn from the experiences of others through their blog postings. Sometimes I just get so sucked into this link and that link and learning about this and then that... then its an hour later and I really haven't accomplished anything!! I mean, really, how many times can you click back to facebook and refresh to see if anything new pops up on your newsfeed. Yes, I just admitted to doing that, and yes, I am ashamed.

So, I figure if I'm going to be wasting time on the computer, I might as well be writing. And why not write about wasting time on the computer. :) Ok, maybe I can come up with something a little more fruitful than that. Technology is exciting. It is big, bold and full of endless possibilities. It has so much to offer, yet it offers many distractions. There are literally times when my husband and I are sitting in the same room, on two different computers, with the TV on. He thinks this is spending time together, I disagree. There is so much noise out there. In our society it is almost impossible to have "quiet time." Yet, it is something that is so important. How do you unplug? How do you find time to just be and to be quiet?


No comments:

Post a Comment