Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Advent!

I saw this quote on a friend's facebook status.
"For the greatest things are accomplished in silence--not in the clamor and display of superficial eventfulness, but in the deep clarity of inner vision; in the almost imperceptible start of decision, in quiet overcoming and hidden sacrifice." (Romano Guardini, The Lord)
Silence is something that has been at the forefront of my mind lately. As I've touched on before, there is so much noise around us. Radios, TVs, the Internet. So many gadgets to keep us "in touch" with people and things and news. This quote helped to remind me what Advent is about-waiting for and preparing our hearts, minds and souls for Christ. What better way to do this than to spend time in silence.

I am trying to keep our schedules as bare bones as possible this Advent. After one or two or all three of us being gone almost every weekend the last two months, I am really looking forward to no traveling during Advent! I am also trying to keep our social commitments and extra-curricular activities down. All in the hopes that we will spend more time together as a family, just being and praying and forming our own Advent traditions.

May your Advent season be filled with joy, hope, patience and... silence!

No comments:

Post a Comment