Monday, March 19, 2012

Homesick

Well, after being homesick for a few days, I am now home, sick. :)  I have been itching to get on the computer and write some posts, but after getting hit with a cold over the weekend, it took all I had in me to take care of myself and Baby Boy. I am feeling so much better today.  This was my first "big" cold of the season so I can't complain. And it was all worth it-I had a truly amazing and uplifting weekend at the Behold Conference.

About a week ago, my friend called to see if I was interested in driving to IL to attend a women's conference.  As she started to tell me about the conference I interrupted her and said, "Yeah, I know about it! I've been thinking about going to it for some time, but just assumed it wasn't going to work out."  Well, God has a way of making things possible!  I was able to get Friday off, my husband was able to get Friday off, and after much angst on whether or not I could really leave Baby Boy for THREE WHOLE DAYS, for the first time ever, I decided to go.  My friend, M, her baby girl, E, and I left my driveway at 8:30 AM on Friday morning.  The trip there went extremely well.  Baby E was an absolute champ of a traveler!!! It was her first long road trip, and at 2 months, she definitely rocked it.  Her mom and I talked so much that M lost her voice. :)  We stopped for lunch at my sister's, which was a treat for me. It was such an odd feeling not having Baby Boy with me.  I'm just so used to having someone else to take care of!  But, I wasn't as homesick as I thought I would be.  I definitely missed him and DH, but was able to focus on the conference and the people around me and really enjoy my time.  It helped that I was surrounded by some amazing people!

The trip home also went really well.  We had planned to stay over night in IL on Saturday night, but when I asked M if she would want to get halfway back and get part of the trip over with that night, she agreed.  I was so excited knowing that I would get to see Baby Boy and DH the next afternoon!  We left IL at 7 pm and headed back to my sister's house.  I couldn't get a hold of her to officially ask if we could stay over night, but I knew she'd be ok with it.  Once I finally got a hold of her, she was so gracious.
I still feel like I owe M big time for changing plans at the last minute on her!  She was so great about it though.

We pulled in my driveway on Sunday at 2 pm and I was so happy to be back with my boys.  Glad to be home and on the mend! More to come on the Behold Conference and the wonderful world of blogging.
RMB

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh....I am so sorry for getting you sick...ugh! I hope N and B didn't get it as well. Elizabeth sailed through with no issues...crazy, but I am definitely glad she didn't come down with it too. I am glad you are back to blogging and enjoy your week off this week! Do you maybe want to do something on Thurs? I will give you a call.

    ReplyDelete