Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Starting the Day off Right

My goal is to get up at 7:30 every morning, as long as BB hasn't woken me up earlier. My hope is that I will be able to grab a quick breakfast and shower before he wakes up. Great thought... putting that plan into action is not quite so easy. I have never been a morning person and never plan on being one. Each morning is a battle. I set my alarm for 7:34 AM and will myself to get up and get going. More often that not, I end up turning the alarm off, waiting for my natural alarm to go off-Baby Boy. One of the motivations for getting up earlier is that if I can get myself ready, and if Baby Boy wakes up in time, we can get out the door to daily Mass. This happens a lot less then it should, but every once in awhile it works out.

Today the stars aligned and we made it to church EARLY, truly an abnormality. I love going to daily Mass for so many reasons. One of the more prideful and completely unholy reasons is that I love seeing people who I know and I love how all of the older people enjoy seeing Baby Boy. He is quite a character at church. He loves it for the most part. He loves waving and smiling at anyone who will look at him. I also love going to Mass because it starts my day off right. Throughout today I felt like I was making the right choices. It reminded me of one of those commericals that advertise healthy food. Basically if you chose their product, the healthy product, you would continue to make healthy choices throughout the day. After going to church today (it ended up being a communion service because our priests are at a diocesean meeting-a little disappointing at first, but still good to receive the Body of Christ) I felt as though I was making more of the "right"choices throughout the day. I felt more energized this morning after I arrived home. I chose to listen to Relevant Radio rather than the pop music station. I gave some extra smiles to strangers I saw at the store. I was more peaceful and comfortable when meeting with a group of friends who I had not seen in awhile. I didn't make all the right choices today... I was still impatient, crabby and judgmental at times. But overall, I felt so much better! It's just like exercising, I know I always feel so much better after I've done it, but actually doing it is the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment