Sunday, May 29, 2011

What will this blog be?

Typical me, I took forever to actually start a blog. Finally set it up, waited a while to do a post, did a post, and now it has been a few weeks. :) Part of it is that life has been extremely busy the last few weeks, and part of it is that I am not exactly sure what I want this blog to be. I am not sure if I want to be an anonymous blog about life's happenings and lessons, a blog about life's happenings and lessons shared with family and friends or maybe a documentation of stories/events that happen in my young family's life. Either way, I thought I would get writing.

Who am I? I am a Midwestern girl. Born in raised in a small town, the youngest in a big family. I grew up Catholic and attended Catholic schools all the way through graduate school. I moved to the Twin Cities right out of college... in pursuit of a boy. I ended up marrying that boy a few years later. :) We have a 9 month old baby boy who is the joy of my life. I lost my beautiful mother a few months ago. I love playing sports-basketball, soccer, tennis... anything that gets me moving and is competitive. I am very competitive, but trying to temper it. It's hard not to be competitive when you have very athletic older siblings... four of them brothers.

Currently, I am learning how to be a mother, a wife, a homemaker... and I LOVE IT!! This past year, I worked part-time as a teacher. I am in the last few days of the school year. While I have really enjoyed it and while I really enjoy teaching, my heart is at home, taking care of my family. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I love learning. I stumbled on a few homeschooling blogs about 2 years ago and found the allure of blog reading. I still keep up with the original one that I found and have broadened my horizons. My new favorite blog is Our Mothers Daughters.

To be cont....

No comments:

Post a Comment